The Sushi King MY programme is a loyalty programme by Sushi King (“Programme”). A registered member who has a Sushi King My account (“Member”) can enjoy special promotions and privileges and earn 1 Smile Point for every RM1 nett spent (not including Service Charge and Service Tax, and after Smile Points and Complimentary Vouchers redemption), which can be turned into cash rebates (20 points = RM1).
This Programme is available through the Sushi King MY app which is available for iOS and Android.
No physical card will be given to registered Member; Would-be Members will be required to download the Sushi King MY app from the App Store or Google Play, and then register for a Sushi King MY account to become a Member. To enjoy the Programme, Member needs to flash Member ID QR Code on the Sushi King MY app and get it scanned every time they spend at Sushi King. The app will be used to earn and redeem Smile Points, Smile Rewards and Smile Specials, as well as to communicate with our Members about the latest promotions.
To be a Member, download the Sushi King MY app from the App Store or Google Play and register via the app. To register, would-be Members must be 16 years of age or older and are required to provide an active mobile number, email address, valid NRIC or Passport, and other contact information as may be required by Sushi King from time to time. Each mobile number and NRIC or passport can be registered for one Sushi King MY account only.
Upon completing the online registration form via the Sushi King MY app, Members should receive an SMS with a 4-digit verification code (OTP code) to their registered mobile number to complete their member activation.
Membership is for a lifetime and will not expire unless there is a change in the Terms & Conditions.
This membership is only applicable in Sushi King and can only be used in Malaysia.
Membership is not transferable.
Members should always update their registered contact details in their Sushi King MY account to ensure that they do not lose their collected Smile Points and Smile Rewards as well as to enjoy the full benefits of the Programme. To update personal details, Member can log in to their Sushi King MY account by using their registered mobile number and password on the Sushi King MY app or contact our Customer Service team via email at email@example.com.
To register as a Member, earn and redeem points, earn and redeem rewards, Member must be aged 16 and above and is a resident in Malaysia, Singapore or Brunei. Proof of age may be required before we accept the registration of membership and all information provided by Members to us are based on the reasonable assumption that all statements given are true and not misleading.
REWARDS, BENEFITS, EARNINGS AND REDEMPTIONS
For every RM1 nett spent (without Service Charge, Service Tax and after Smile Points and Complimentary Vouchers redemption), Members will be awarded with 1 Smile Point. The Smile Points will be converted to cash rebate (20 points = RM1) which can be used in your next bill. Smile Points will only be awarded for 1 transaction per day.
Members can choose to fully or partially redeem their available Smile Point balance. Members may also keep accumulating points through several purchases and redeem items of higher value at a later time.
Members will also receive double Smile Points during Members’ Day and other Smile Rewards (such as Birthday Rewards and Smile Specials) in the Smile Rewards page. To earn or redeem Smile Points, Member must present their Member ID QR code on the Sushi King MY app before payment. To redeem Smile Rewards, Members must inform our crew that they would like to redeem his/her reward(s) and present Member ID QR code on the Sushi King MY app before payment.
Birthday Reward (dessert) and Smile Special Rewards redemption are not available at Sushi King Kiosk restaurants. However, members may earn / redeem Smile Points for purchases.
Smile Specials Rewards redemption are not available at Sushi King Deli restaurants. However, members may earn / redeem Smile Points for purchases, and redeem Birthday Reward (dessert).
In the event that a Member is unable to present the Member ID QR code on the Sushi King MY App, the Member will not be entitled to earn and redeem Smile Points and Smile Rewards. A screenshot of the Member ID QR code is invalid for this purpose.
Members may earn and redeem Smile Points for purchases in our restaurants (Food & Beverages), excluding specific promotion periods (ie: Bonanza).
Smile Points will not be awarded for purchases from our Delivery Partners (ie: DeliverEat, Foodpanda, GrabFood, etc), Ala Carte, Sushi Making Classes, Catering and purchase of cash or gift vouchers.
Smile Points earned are based on the total amount settled in each purchase. Accumulation of receipts for points issuance is not allowed.
Smile Points rewarded from purchases at Sushi King restaurants will expire 12 months from the date the Smile Points were earned while each Smile Reward and Smile Specials expires according to the validity period stated on T&C. Birthday Rewards (Dessert + 200 Smile Points) expires at the end of your birthday month.
To redeem Smile Points or Smile Rewards, Members must present the Membership QR code or the Smile Reward QR code on the Sushi King MY app when ordering and verbally inform our staff of their intentions before payment. The redemption will not be valid if the Member ID QR code is presented during or after payment.
Members may redeem Smile Points and Smile Rewards only for dine-in and takeaway transactions.
The deduction of Smile Points from a Member’s Sushi King MY account will be on “first expired” basis. The Smile Points that are soonest to expire will be deducted first.
Members can check their Smile Points balance and accumulated Smile Rewards on the Sushi King MY App or website. Members are responsible for internet service charges, and we will not be liable for any failure of internet services. We reserve the right to correct or amend the balance in a Member’s Sushi King MY account if we believe that an invoicing or accounting error has occurred. If a Member wishes to contest such corrections or amendments to his/her account, believes that the accumulation of Smile Points and/or Smile Rewards is inaccurate, the Member may contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-5622 5339.
The Smile Points earned cannot be exchanged for cash. Redemption of Smile Points and Smile Rewards in a single transaction can only be made by using the Smile Points from the same Sushi King MY account. Members cannot transfer Smile Points or Smile Rewards to any other person unless otherwise allowed by Sushi King based on its sole discretion.
It is not possible to merge the Smile Points and/or Smile Rewards balances from more than one Sushi King MY account onto a single account.
Any Smile Points or Smile Rewards expired, redeemed and deducted from a Member’s Sushi King MY account is not refundable.
Members may redeem up to 2 Smile Rewards in a single transaction from a single account.
LIMITATIONS OF USE OF MEMBERSHIP
The Sushi King MY account (and, by extension, the membership) may not be transferred, exchanged or used for any other purpose, except as specified in these Terms.
Sushi King shall not be liable for any damage in the event that the Sushi King MY account could not be used due to whatsoever reason, including but not limited to failure of Sushi King’s IT and communications systems, as Sushi King may not be able to allow Members to redeem Smile Points and Smile Rewards during such an event.
Sushi King reserves the right to refuse any application for a Sushi King MY account or to impose limitations on the usage of the account (and, by extension, the Sushi King MY benefits), in the event Sushi King believes that the elements of fraud, misconduct or unauthorised use involved in the transaction. Sushi King may at any time suspend or cancel the Sushi King MY account (and, by extension, the Membership) of the Member if Sushi King believes that the Sushi King MY account has been used for or is intended to be used for fraud, misconduct or other unauthorized uses. In the case of such an event, the Membership will be invalid once suspended or cancelled by Sushi King and all the Smile Points and Smile Rewards in the Sushi King MY account will be forfeited.
SUSHI KING MAXIMUM LIABILITY AND EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
Save for in the event of death or personal injury, Sushi King will only be liable for damages arising from negligence or fraud on the part of Sushi King and as permitted by law not amounting more than the final balance rewards recorded in the Member’s Sushi King MY account. Sushi King shall not be liable for any unforeseeable damages or damages beyond the reasonable control of Sushi King.
Sushi King will endeavour to provide the services relating to Member’s membership using reasonable skill and care.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in these Terms shall affect the statutory rights of the Member.
AMENDMENT OF THESE TERMS AND TERMINATION
Sushi King reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time or terminate this Programme by giving reasonable notice to Members. Any amendment on these terms will be posted on https://sushi-king.com/membership
If a Member has successfully verified the registration, Sushi King will notify all the Members of any change, deletion or addition on the Terms by e-mail. The amended Terms will take effect immediately upon being posted on our website or being emailed to Members. In the event Sushi King decides to terminate this Programme, Sushi King will give a 30 days’ notice to Members.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
In the event a Member wants to cancel their Membership, the Member must contact our Customer Service team via email at email@example.com. All the remaining rewards in the Membership account will be forfeited upon termination of the Membership (and, by extension, the Sushi King MY account).
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms are governed by Malaysia law.
These Terms (together with the documents referred to) constitute the whole agreement between Sushi King and the Member, and supersedes any other agreement, letters, correspondence (oral or written or expressed or implied) entered into prior to these Terms in respect to matters dealt with in this Terms.
Any Term, condition, stipulation, provision, covenant or undertaking in this instrument which is illegal, void, prohibited or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, ineffectual, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and such illegality, ineffectual, prohibition or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render illegal, void or unenforceable any other Term, condition, stipulation, provision, covenant or undertaking herein contained.
We shall not be liable for any delay or failure in our performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labour difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond our control.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”) has now come into force. Sushi King Sdn. Bhd. (formerly known as Sushi Kin Sdn. Bhd.; hereinafter referred to as “SK”) along with its related companies (hereinafter, SK and its related companies shall be referred to as “the SK Holdings”) values your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data (as defined in the Act) that has been entrusted to us.
As part of the relevant activities organised by the SK Holdings and as a condition of your participation in the aforementioned activities, you are requested to disclose certain Personal Data to us. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the requirements of the Act and sets forth how we collect, store and handleyour Personal Data.
A. Use of the Personal Data Collected
Your Personal Data is being collected, used and/or processed by SK or SK Holdings for, amongst others,the following purposes :-
(1) To assess, process, administer and facilitate your participation in the activities organised by SK;
(2) To organise and administer contests, competitions and other activities (e.g. lucky draws, redemption programmes), including the announcing and/or publicising of the results of the aforementioned contests, competitions and other activities, to identify and contact the winners of the aforementioned contests, competitions and other activities and to conduct advertising, publicity and marketing for, strictly, the aforementioned contests, competitions and other activities.
(3) To respond to your inquiries, complaints and/or feedback, to post your comments or statements on any blog, social networking or other online forum maintained on any websites owned by SK or SK Holdings, or take any other action in response to your inquires, complaints and/or feedback;
(4) To communicate with you on any of your requests for information;
(5) To communicate, direct market and update you about SK or SK Holdings’ brands, products, services, events and promotions or for other marketing and promotional purposes related to SK or SK Holdings’ brands, products, services, events and promotions;
(6) To communicate, direct market and update you about brands, products, services, events and promotions offered by the affiliates and business/marketing partners of SK or SK Holdings or for other marketing and promotional purposes related to brands, products, services, events and promotions offered by the affiliates and business/marketing partners of SK or SK Holdings’ unless you have otherwise indicated that you do not wish for us to process your personal data for such purposes;
(7) To create personalised promotions by combining your Personal Data with non-personal information about you (i.e. the amount and types of purchases made or any benefits received by you through our activities and programmes);
(8) For internal purposes such as evaluating the effectiveness of SK’s marketing and promotional activities as well as for market research, profiling and statistical analysis;
(9) To improve SK or SK Holdings’ products and services and to assist SK or SK Holdings in the development of new products and services;
(10) To conduct market research, profiling and statistical analysis based on your purchases and preferences which will in turn assist us in evaluating the performance of SK’s outlets;
(11) For SK or SK Holdings’ internal record keeping;
(12) To take such actions as is necessary to protect, carry out and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
(13) For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any legal or regulatory requirements relating to, and to make disclosure under, the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to SK or SK Holdings;
(14) For the prevention of fraud or any criminal activity and to enable us to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
(15) For any other purpose as may be consented to by you; and
(16) For all other purposes incidental or associated with any of the above, including disclosure to and, processing by, any third party outsourced service providers and/or SK or SK Holdings’ marketing partners.
B. Types of Personal Data Collected
The precise details, type and nature of the Personal Data collected by SK will vary according to the specific purpose for which it is intended but will amongst others include the following Personal Data from or in relation to you :-
(2) Correspondence Address;
(3) Telephone Number (house and/or mobile);
(4) E-mail Address;
(5) NRIC or other identification number;
(9) Marital Status;
(13) Date of Birth;
(14) Interests and Hobbies; and
(15) Such other information which SK may deem necessary from time to time depending on the events or promotions held and the products or services offered (e.g. frequency of visits, type of shops visited etc).
C. The Source of Your Personal Data
We may obtain your Personal Data from the following sources :-
(1) Directly from you; and
(2) Legitimately from third parties or other service providers, to which, you have consented to the disclosure of your Personal Data.
D. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
SK will keep your Personal Data confidential but from time to time we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties :-
(1) Other entities within the SK Holdings including those to be incorporated in the future;
(2) SK’s authorised agents and service providers with whom SK has contractual agreements for some of SK’s functions, services and activities;
(3) SK’s merchants, vendors, suppliers, contractors and strategic partners;
(4) SK’s auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other professional advisers appointed in connection with SK’s business and other related matters;
(5) Parties authorised by you;
(6) If you participate in any blog or in any of the SK’s websites or other social networking sites, any Personal Data posted by you may be shared with other forum participants and visitors;
(7) In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of SK’s business assets, SK may disclose the Personal Data to those involved in the negotiation or transfer; and
(8) Enforcement, regulatory and/or governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, authorised by any order of court or to meet obligations to any such enforcement, regulatory and/or governmental agencies.
E. Period of Retention of Your Personal Data
SK will retain your Personal Data for such period of time as is necessary to enable us to fulfil the purposes as set out in Item A above.
F. Your Responsibility
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data provided to us is accurate and complete and for updating the Personal Data in the event of any changes or as and when it becomes inaccurate, outdated or incomplete.
G. Access to and Correction of Your Personal Data
It is your right as a Data Subject (as defined in the Act) and upon the payment of a processing fee to have access to and to correct your Personal Data provided to SK (subject always to certain exemptions).
H. Security of Your Personal Data
SK will use its best endeavours to keep and process your Personal Data in a secure manner. We will implement the appropriate and necessary security safeguards and procedures to prevent the unauthorized and accidental access, use, modification, processing, loss, destruction of or damage to your Personal Data.
I. Links to Third Party Websites
This Privacy Notice does not apply to third party websites that you may access from SK’s websites.
(1) Your preferences;
(2) The date and time you accessed each page in SK’s website;
(3) The URL of any third party website from which you accessed SK’s website;
SK’s website may also require you to provide a limited amount of Personal Data to be able to enjoy full access to all areas of SK’s website (e.g. system login credentials, e-mail address, contact number).
The aforementioned Personal Data will only be used for its intended purpose.
In order for SK to collect, use, transfer, store and/or otherwise process your Personal Data, we are required to obtain your consent. If you are below the age of 18, kindly bring this notice to the attention of your parent or legal guardian.
By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting and agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data by us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Should you no longer wish to allow us to collect, use, transfer, store or process your Personal Data kindly inform us accordingly and we shall ensure the removal, destruction and/or deletion of your Personal Data from our records.
In the event that you have provided the Personal Data of a third party to SK, we may request your kind assistance in obtaining the consent and agreement of the aforementioned third party to the use of their Personal Data and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so. You are to indemnify SK in the event that we suffer any loss or damage as a result of your failure to comply with the same.
L. Personal Data Protection Officer
Should you wish to have access to your Personal Data or to update or make any corrections thereto or should you wish to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data or should you have any questions, queries or complaints relating to the use of your Personal Data you may contact SK at the following :-
Designation of Contact Person: Personal Data Protection Officer
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: 03-5622 5245
Fax Number: 03-5622 5300
M. Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
You are advised to regularly check SK’s website regularly for any changes and/or updates to this Privacy Notice.
In the event of any inconsistency between the and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this
Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail.